Monday, October 29, 2007

Now that I think about it

I hadn't realize that having (ahem...) digestion problems, along with "being on my knees" for our restored health, may be benefiting our home in this way.

from The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge:

"...she is a distinct improvement upon that other duenna, ...Through the keyhole I have perceived her to be a woman of great saintliness of character and weakness of digestion, characteristics which, by concentrating a lady's mind upon her own soul and stomach, do not allow her to indulge in that feminine curiosity about the affairs of others which renders her presence so trying to the males whose domicile she shares."

But I do miss being more involved in the affairs of others! I don't like how this trial has been so all- consuming.

No comments: