Friday, November 17, 2006

Friday Potpourri

  • Went to a wedding and felt like Cinderella: Did I dance? No. Did I get ready instantly with the help of a fairy godmother? No, but with three days rest, a helper to make dessert for it, and my dh in charge of obtaining the wedding gift, I did. Why like Cinderella? Because I was transported out of the everyday realities of our current world (sickness and survival) and given a few hours in the fantastical world of beautiful celebration and feasting.
  • Giving blood again: Just me this time. Have to drive 90 miles to a lab for a huge blood draw on Monday. Lord willing, it will make it safely to a Health Institute in Colorado on Tuesday or I'll be doing it all over again. We're hoping to get some more help in gaining better health.
  • Looking for a kitchen helper once more: My current helper has some unfinished business in Oregon for the next 4 or 5 months. She leaves after Thanksgiving. Big sigh.
  • Books, books, wherever I look: Erin has another job in which she gets paid in books. Books arrive daily by mail, UPS, and FedEx from publishers all over the country. She's on a nominating committee of the Cybil awards. These awards are the first blogger awards for children's/young adult books of the year. Articles about the awards have been featured in a Chicago press release, a Publishers Weekly newsletter, and this week in the Idaho Statesman. (She's loving the job, by the way!)
  • All of us had really good treatments this week: A first!
  • I'm currently reading Sir Walter Raleigh by John Buchan: Enjoying it lots.
  • The sun has been shining this week: *SMILES*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!!
I'm so glad that you had such a good time at the wedding!!
I hope you will be able to find some good kitchen help soon!

Elizabeth said...

Yay, glad that things are feeling a bit more optimistic!

Oh, I'm so sorry you lost your helper, again. :( I'll be praying for that for y'all.

Love, Liz

Sherry said...

Thanks for your prayers t and e!
Mrs. M