Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Smiles

  • Erin and her friend jazz dancing to Singin' in the Rain in the kitchen (with tables and chairs pushed aside).
  • Listening, along with Brady, to Dr. George Grant lecture on the Minutemen at Lexington and Concord and conclude with the recitation of Longfellow's Paul Revere's Ride.
  • A friend saying she'll pray for me.
  • Goofiness at the kitchen table after lunch, very "un grown-up like" - very needed.
  • Sharing obsessions with an author friend. (She sent me the above photo after I sent her a quote from a book.) My new hero is Grace Coolidge (I'm currently reading, Grace Coolidge and Her Era,) and Sarah's long time heroes are Helen Keller and Annie Sullivan (Sarah wrote the wonderful, Miss Spitfire, 2007).

3 comments:

Sarah Miller said...

I am such a soft touch -- I just love to see Annie's face in public.

And God love you for linking to Powell's instead of Amazon.

Sherry said...

Yes, Sarah, I thought you'd like both of those things.

randi said...

What a nice list. There is so much to be thankful for and listing it is always a perfect way to remind oneself!