Monday, July 30, 2007

Much Ado quotes

Avid Gardener posted a couple of her favorite quotes from the show, so I must follow suit.
  • Beatrice: No, sure, my lord, my mother cried; but then there was a star danced, and under that was I born.
  • Beatrice: I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me.
  • Benedick: I may chance have some odd quirks and remnants of wit broken on me because I have railed so long against marriage. But doth not the appetite alter? A man loves the meat in his youth that he cannot endure in his age. Shall quips and sentences and these paper bullets of the brain awe a man from the career of his humor? No. The world must be peopled. When I said I would die a bachelor, I did not think I should live till I were married.
  • Benedick: Serve God, Love me, and mend.

No comments: