Monday, July 09, 2007

Finally

And we're off!

We've started our 4th day on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. I have already observed two things about my health that show it's helping me. I'll spare you the details ; )

The kids have been troopers. This is not an easy diet. We did almost two days of just meat, broth, eggs, and very diluted grape juice jigglers. At the end of the second day we added a cooked vegetable. Yesterday we added a cooked fruit. Today we added a little nut butter to banana and egg pancakes. Oh yeah, and yesterday we added a tablespoon or so of homemade almond milk yogurt. I'm reacting the most to some of these add-ons, and so I have to watch that and maybe back up, hopefully I can ease into them with smaller amounts.

I'm so thankful we are finally on this diet. I have good support on-line with a forum of other SCD followers who have quickly and graciously answered my questions. They helped me to see a couple of mistakes I made in some of my food prep and foods used; as a result I had to throw out my first batch of almond milk yogurt and give away some apple juice jigglers, but I'm determined to follow the rules as closely as I can.

Time to figure out the next meal. Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Praying for this diet to work out!!!!