Summer has almost arrived.
Here's a bit of what's happening at our house:
1) Adventures in the Family Kitchen - That's the name of a cookbook that I just purchased, along with several others, giving me recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet in which we will soon embark. We were hoping to have started the diet by now, but realized we probably should wait until after we're back from our time with extended family in the Midwest. We do have a part-time cook who started last week, so that should make it a lot easier to stay on the diet. Let the adventures begin!
2) As noted above, we are traveling to the Midwest to see family and friends. We will get in on a family reunion and the 50th wedding anniversary of my in-laws. This is the first time in almost two years that we will be traveling for a reason other then seeing a doctor. We're hoping we can have some FUN!
3) Erin is acting. She currently is a film actress with a role in a movie of a friend that studied filmmaking at UCLA last summer. After we get back from our trip, she'll jump into her stage role of "Lady Jane Grey" in the play, "A Queen's Friend" which will run for six shows in early August.
4) Brady has been asked to stand up for a friend at his wedding the end of July. That will take place in northeast Oregon. Brent and I hope to go along to help celebrate and also to get a peek at that part of the world.
5) We're looking forward to a fun week in July with my niece and two nephews from Utah as their parents take a youth group on a mission trip to an Indian Reservation not far from us. My parents are coming to help us with the kids, as we really wanted the "job," but didn't know if we were quite up to keeping up with the young ones on our own. I think "Aunty Susan" from Seattle will sneak down to help us out for a few days, too.
6) 2007 Trinity Fest - We use to host out-of-staters in our home during this week of learning and celebrating; it'd be great if we could start that tradition again. This year's theme is Histories and Stories from the Older Testament. Live music, theatre (Erin's play included,) workshops, lectures, a Ball, a feast. This is a hometown highlight we share we people from all over the world. Come share the fun!
7) I'm determined to find a time for us to go CAMPING. Especially since I have a cook that can help get all the food prepared in advance.
If we can do all that we have planned we'll know that our health is getting better. We continue to be encouraged by the support and prayers of y'all. We are getting some treatments that we think are helping us move in the direction of improved health and hopefully the diet will be the "icing on the cake" our bodies need, so that our fall plans will look as "normal" as our summer ones do. Thanks for stopping by. Happy Summer!