go to church, have people over, go for a walk; and when you just can't face reading another book or watching another movie:
1) Have someone get on the computer and find old movie and television tunes to download. Play "name that tune."
2) While you're on the couch, have someone bring you your purse. Clean out the old receipts, kleenixes, and lists.
3) Write postcards to long lost friends.
4) Play some piano tunes from the beginning of an old Thompson 2nd grade book with the piano's "mute" pedal on.
5) Go outside and walk around your yard a couple of times. Sit down. Look at the clouds. Take off your shoes and socks. Pull up a dried plant from the ground and watch an earthworm dig its way back underground.
I would have liked to add playing the card game "War" on to this list, but Erin and I tried that and we not only got bored...even when we named each of our wars...but we also got dizzy from all the numbers flashing before our eyes.
Got any more ideas for me? Our next doctor appointment is in 10 days; pray that the doctor will know what to do after getting all of our test results back, and that I won't need them.